Sunday 8 February 2009

Commenting Policy

Just as a matter of House Keeping, I have set commenting as open on this blog, so there needs to be some guidance for commentators on what is deemed acceptable. Much of the following is based upon Slugger O'Toole's commenting policy, which I found here

http://www.sluggerotoole.com/archives/2005/07/commenting_poli.php

Commenting policy:

1. I ask that anyone commenting does not posting material which is abusive, threatening or potentially libellous.

2. I reserve the right to edit or even delete comments for reasons of legal compliance, taste, decency, good management or any other reason that I see fit.

3. I do not have the time or resources to constantly monitor or moderate the comments sections, and so I may be unaware of illegal or potentially libellous material posted here. If you believe a libellous statement or statements have been made in the comments section, please notify me by sending an e-mail containing details of offending material to djcather@googlemail.com

4. I will review the material and if, in my opinion, there are grounds for believing the material to be libellous or potentially libellous then that material will be deleted at the first possible opportunity.

5. I may impose an IP ban on any person or persons who persistently or wantonly flout these policies.

6. My judgement in these matters is final and will be exercised without apology, explanation or compensation.

7. I am particularly intolerant of sockpuppetry, commentators should restrict themselves to one pseudoname per thread and preferably one consistent pseudoname for the entire blog. Where I feel abuse is happening I will respond by deleting/editing comments and blocking IP addresses at my discretition, without apology, explanation or compensation.

Happy commenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment